We’re looking for
Compliance Co-Ordinator Leeds Based.
We offer a competitive starting salary, a benefits package including a generous workplace pension, and a team development programme to support your career within the Company.
Holiday entitlement: 22 days paid annual leave rising to 25 days maximum after eligibility service [plus statutory holiday entitlement]
Resource provides a full agency service to a diverse market audience encompassing many different sectors; our key services are Design & Marketing comms, Event Management, Experiential Solutions, Data and fulfilment, all types of print including on-demand Print, digital comms and advertising.
Our event management division delivers exceptional and unique experiences. We provide creative concepts that incorporate impactful sets, subtle displays using the latest digital and creative technology.
We also provide a virtual event platform so that events can be delivered and accessed on-line.
We are looking for a candidate who will rise to the challenge of the opportunity provided; so, you will need to possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, disciplined with a keen desire to learn and progress.
You will demonstrate an ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders, be comfortable in making decisions, possess research skills and methods and use report diagnostics. A logical mind is important for the role but equally so is a good sense of humour!
You will need a flexible attitude as your role is varied and therefore you will have different demands at different times. Attention to detail and the ability to take notes, learn through practical application and study mode is essential within the role and the business. You will need to enjoy being part of a team but equally be happy to learn on your own and create value-added efficiencies within the department.
The role of the compliance co-ordinator is to provide support to the team on all internal compliance requirements and seek for continual improvements:
- Assist in maintenance of compliance infrastructure, including creation and control of documentation
- Control and revision of documentation through electronic document control system(s)
- Liaise with all departments to support regulatory department activities and provide guidance and support
- Implement actions as directed by Operational Managers, including in support of legislative and company product changes
- Support and assist with the research and management of all quality, regulatory and technical working methods for external and internal audits
- Prepare for audits by compiling and analysing internal and external information, and gathering evidence relating to ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 & ISO27001:2013 standards
- Research new ISO standards in line with the company objectives and create report and rationale
- Regularly undertake internal audits to ensure compliance is maintained and areas for improvement identified
- Create, review and improve standard procedures/protocols and documents in line with current legislation, ethical and best practice requirements
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements by keeping up to date with existing and evolving legislation and advising management on any actions needed to maintain compliance, utilising the tools and websites available
- Work with the H&S manager to ensure compliance and risk management is effective throughout the company
- Work with the finance manager to ensure low level information is collected and presented for audit control and review
- Assist with supply-chain management and compliance with our supply network
Role (Person) Requirements : Qualifications, Technical skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or having relevant work experience
- A creative thinker keen on developing existing skills as well as learning new ones
- Experience in coordinating, supporting or managing some of the accreditations listed above
- Confident to deal at all management levels within the company and with clients & suppliers
- Auditing experience within a similar environment would be a good advantage
- Capability of working independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Confidence in undertaking numerical and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders & show confidence in presenting information
- Diligence and attention to detail in all aspects of the role
- Problem solving, analytical and strong collaborative skills
- Proficiency in document manipulation using various software packages including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point & project
- Desire and confidence to develop within the role, using personal skills and experience to support the department’s growth
Training and Development
Ongoing training and development are part of our culture and we operate a Performance Management system within the business which allows for key objectives and performance measures to be set. We ensure that each employee has a base level of learning for their role with specific KPI measures and competency framework in place. We continually review all performance and training to ensure the business and its employees maintain compliance and competency within their role.
You will need to demonstrate that you embrace learning and the opportunity to acquire new skills and ideas either through self-study and / or on-the-job learning.
Please note that as a Company and where the role dictates, we apply for CRB checks to be carried out at offer of employment stage.
How to apply for this role
Please forward a covering letter with your CV, Profile and any supporting experience to:
Human Resources Director FCIPD
78 Armley Road