Data Systems Developer /IT Assistant
Data Systems Developer /IT Assistant Leeds Based.
Competitive salary plus a benefits package.
22 days paid annual leave rising to 25 days maximum after eligibility service [plus statutory holiday entitlement]
Resource provides Creative, Marketing, Print, Comms, Digital and Data fulfilment services to a diverse market audience encompassing many different sectors and targeting niche business genres. We have in-house Creative, Cross Media, Data, Web and Marketing teams who can present fantastic design concepts, on-line marketing initiatives, data and mailing communication solutions. We love to communicate and our award winning Commshero is testament to our unique ideas and branding prowess but at our core we still love to print, and enjoy turning creative ideas into print, so we still provide a full range of printing services to all our customers
The scope of the role is to work within the data team to design and build workflows and systems which produce highly personalised printed goods for clients, setup and configure our Web 2 Print Systems, and support IT systems throughout the business.
The role will support the technical needs of the business and the individual will work towards being able to create and develop code/applications to perform complex client data requirements and also maintain computer equipment on the network.
You will also learn and support other technical areas of multi-channel communications in relation to Resource services which will include an understanding of; eshots, websites, testing & troubleshooting, and be able to work with external web developers where necessary to facilitate business and client requirements.
The main areas of the role are highlighted below but are non- exhaustive:
Data & Systems Development:
- Inspire Designer – Data Workflow System, to create new bespoke workflows from multiple data inputs, manage and manipulate data accurately & securely, troubleshoot issues with data, generate layouts and templates within Inspire Designer to produce personalised printed goods
- Understanding of, or the capacity to learn basic code level scripting within Inspire Designer
- Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary
- Testing new programs/workflows and fault finding
- Dealing with large datasets (upwards of 1m records)
- Understanding of the various Mailing Routes available and how they need configuring within a print and data environment, Standard Mail, Mailsort, Mailmark, Admail, Greenpost, for example.
- The use of Bulk Mailer to provide reports and sortation information for Royal Mail or other upstream mail providers.
- Use of Catfish W2P systems to setup, configure and maintain online Web 2 Print systems.
- Writing operational documentation as necessary for the technical elements of the projects
- Working closely with other teams, such as project managers, designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new software applications
- Maintaining general IT systems on the Resource Network
- Understanding of networks and computer systems in order to troubleshoot issues and where appropriate escalate these to high level internal support or external IT consultants
- Monitoring and correcting software & hardware defects on client machines
- Maintaining general IT tasks like, password changes to Wireless network, installing localised software, printers and utilities as per IT policies
- Working closely with other teams, such as external IT consultants, systems analysts and technical business contacts
- Support and development of automated daily, weekly & monthly reporting using Excel, SQL, PHP & VBA.
- Production of reporting using Crystal Reports.
- Identifying & implementing procedural & technical improvements to current reporting & processes.
- Automating processing tasks for increased efficiency, including linking systems through use of API’s.
- Management expectations of internal & external customers.
- You should have worked in a similar role / environment for at least 2 years and you are now looking for the next level in your career
- Confident and engaging
- Be highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Have strong team skills, a positive and flexible approach to your role
- Be competent in Microsoft technology, Management Information Systems, Excel & code
- Demonstration of analytical and numerical problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and productivity skills
- Demonstrate an ability to escalate appropriately when needed
- You will have the skills to project manage to tight deadlines
- Be confident in reporting on team performance, activity and results as part of weekly, monthly and annual KPI measures
- Demonstrate that you work collaboratively with immediate teams and you can also work comfortably with wider teams
- Readily anticipates and supports the activities of other members of the company
- Demonstrate that you value others’ input and expertise and are willing to learn from others
- Works effectively and co-operatively with others to form business relationships
- You can identify opportunities and act to achieve business goals
- Creates learning opportunities to keep focused and is confident in their knowledge and is current in their knowledge of new technology
- Actively uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through its application, practical and theory
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, change, and grow from experience, feedback, exposure, successes and failures
- Must demonstrate a high level of communication skills; verbal and written work must be to a high standard
- Listening skills; how to learn and receive advice from those around them
- Able to correctly judge and manage priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity
- To be able to participate in internal meetings and client presentations and / or forums
Attention to Detail
- Must demonstrate a high attention to detail in all work and be accountable for audit management and training
- Demonstrate strict compliance in dealing with confidential and sensitive information and data
- Understands the need for privacy and security measures in dealing with confidential business information
- Can work to strict deadlines ensuring all paperwork and reporting is in line with output measures and targets
- Works to identify improvements in order to produce higher quality outputs
- Helps others check and improve the quality of their own work
- Takes immediate action to address poor quality work
We are looking for a candidate who will rise to the challenge of the opportunity provided; so, you will need to possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, disciplined with a keen desire to learn and progress.
You will demonstrate an ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders at a high level; be professional at all times but also possess a good sense of humour!
You will need a flexible attitude as your role is varied and therefore you will have different demands at different times. Attention to detail and the ability to take notes, learn through study mode and practical application is essential within the role and the business. We are looking for an individual who wishes to grow with our business, so an inquisitive mind and a can-do attitude are very welcome! You will need to enjoy being part of a team but equally be happy to learn on your own and create efficiencies within the department.
Training and Development
Ongoing training and development are part of our culture and we operate a Performance Management system within the business which allows for key objectives and performance measures to be set. We ensure that each employee has a base level of learning for their role with specific KPI measures and competency framework in place. We continually review all performance and training to ensure the business and its employees maintain compliance and competency within their role.
Please note that as a Company and where the role dictates, we apply for CRB checks to be carried out at offer of employment stage.
How to apply for this role
Anyone wishing to apply for this role should in the first instance forward their CV to:
Gail Weathers (Email: email@example.com)
Human Resources Director
78 Armley Road